Immediate Safety Steps To Follow After Experiencing A Water Damage Emergency!
Floods, broken pipes, leaky appliances, and heavy rain storms can demonstrate the destructive power of water to cause damage in the home. Quick action can help salvage your home and keep damages to a minimum. The following safety steps and quick actions can reduce the risk of danger until we arrive.
- Avoid The Hazards! Be aware of the deadly combination of water and electricity. Do not enter areas of standing water while the electricity is on.
- Stop The Source Of Water. Locate the water shut off valve outside your home and turn the water off, or you can call us and we will guide you through this.
- Take Immediate Action and Call Us for Emergency Service and to assess damages.
- Use Caution. Limit walking on floors affected by a Sewage backup and spreading bacteria, fecal mater, and disease to other areas of your home.
- Increase Ventilation. Open Windows and doors to increase ventilation to the affected areas.
- Remove furniture. Remove items and furniture from wet areas if possible. Wood furniture can cause staining to occur that can permanently damage the carpet. If removal isn’t possible place some type of plastic barrier between the carpet and furniture legs.
- Hang up draperies and pin back upholstery skirts to prevent water stains.
- Stay away from ceilings starting to sag. Ceiling have been known to drop to the floor due to the weight of the water and loss of structural integrity.
Call us for emergency water extraction and a complete moisture assessment of your carpet, wood floors, baseboards, walls, and ceiling to locate any trapped pockets of water that may cause odors and prevent the mold growth from forming.
We have specialized equipment, antimicrobial solutions and dryers to prevent the growth and spread of mold.
In the case of a water damage emergency you can trust West Cork Cleaning provide immediate relief and friendly professional service to help inform you of the damage assessment.
You can rest assured that West Cork Cleaning will help you evaluate your options and serve as a fair representative in dealing with your insurance agent, adjuster, and company.
Please call us for immediate service if you have experienced Water damage from any of the following –
- Broken Pipe
- Pin-Hole Leeks
- Frozen/Burst Pipe
- Broken Flex-Line Hose
- Plumbing Failure
- Toilet Overflow
- Toilet Backup
- Roof Leak
- Broken Fire Sprinkler System
Call us today for a Free Estimate 023-8834864